Executive Edge, Inc.
Executive Edge together with the Taos Institute are proud to announce a two-day highly interactive workshop designed for professionals approaching or experiencing a change process in their organizations.
This workshop shows you how to integrate Experiential Learning models, tools and techniques with Appreciative Inquiry (AI) in order to accelerate positive change, motivate teams and individuals, generate buy-in and engage people at all levels.
WHAT IS APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY?
- Explore how Experiential Learning (EL) models, equipment, and initiatives heighten and intensify spontaneity and depth of learning, based on the EL models, tools and techniques highlighted in the Taos Institute Focus Book, Experience AI: A Practitioner's Guide to Integrating Appreciative Inquiry with Experiential Learning
- This workshop shows you how to integrate EL with AI in order to :
- Design learning environments to thaw and reshape communal understanding, language and behaviors
- Watch change come alive in safe micro-world learning laboratories
- A New Addition to our Experience AI Workshop:
- Special Segment: A Community Building Experience & new Executive Edge addition with Fred Ardillo. Join us for our newest product offering
- We will extend our program day on April 20th to include an Appreciative Inquiry Drum Circle "Tap AI" from 4 - 6:30 pm. Tap AI is open to the public. Please RSVP. No charge.
Appreciative Inquiry is a new approach to organizational development that focuses on what works in the organization. AI was developed by Dr. David Cooperrider, Associate Professor of Business and his coleagues at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH.
"In its most practical construction, Appreciative Inquiry is a form of organizational study that selectively seeks to locate, highlight, and illuminate what are referred to as the life-giving forces of the organization's existence.
Appreciative Inquiry seeks out the best of "what is" to help ignite the collective imagination of "what might be." The aim is to generate new knowledge which expands the "realm of the possible" and helps members of an organization envision a collectively desired future and to carry forth that vision in ways which successfully translates images of possibility intentions into reality and belief into practice."
"The response of my team was outstanding and I witnessed the obvious attempt to implement the lessons learned back in our worlplace. We have a heightened understanding of each other, our dreams and our passions. We learned the essence of synergistic learning and problem solving , and most importantly, we garnered support for a radically new approach, direction, and culture with a focus on results, commitment and trust."
For Your Organization:
- Laura Smith-Nolte, The L.E. Smith Co.
- Lead and accelerate positive change
- Motivate teams and individuals to take responsibility for making things happen
- Generate buy-in and engage people at all levels
- Create a plan for immediate implementation
- Identify resources to support your momentum
- Gain practical experience and confidence to sell this process to key stakeholders and sponsors
- Acquire new skills
Become THE catalyst for rapid change!
Anyone involved in an organizational change process including: Human Resource Managers, Organizational Development Specialists, Supervisors and Managers, Consultants, Health Care Administrators, Education Administrators and Community Leaders.
THE WORKSHOP LEADERS
James Willis, President, Executive Edge, Inc.
An experiential educator since 1976, Jim has designed and delivered customized organizational development programs for hundreds of domestic and international firms. He holds a Master's of International Management (MIM) from Thunderbird (American Graduate School of International Management) and has degrees in Outdoor Education, Clinical Psychology and Philosophy. As an innovator and leader in Experiential Learning (EL), Jim pioneered portable high and low ropes course technology. He also created the Action Learning Edge- an educational model for management and employee development.
Miriam Ricketts, Managing Partner, Executive Edge, Inc.
Miriam has worked in the field of adventure-based experiential education since 1983. She holds a Master's Degree in Management from Johns Hopkins University and a Bachelor's Degree in History and English from Dartmouth College. Miriam has designed programs, facilitated groups and trained others in the following areas: accelerated learning, change management, communication and leadership skills, team building and team leadership development, self-facilitation for continuous improvement and Appreciative Inquiry.
Miriam and Jim are Associates of the Taos Institute and authors of the TI Focus Book-Experience AI: A Practitioner's Guide to Integrating Appreciative Inquiry with Experiential Learning.
For book ordering information visit www.taosinstitute.net.